You're invited to the South Florida Awareness & Membership Drive Luncheon
Join two of HAF's co-founders and find out what's happening in the world of Hindu American advocacy. From NextGen programs to public policy advocacy to human rights initiatives, the Foundation continues to build a voice for the community. Come be a part of it!
Date: Saturday, September 8, 2012
Time: Noon - 3:00pm
Location: India House Restaurant, 1711 North University Dr, Plantation, FL 33322
- Mihir Meghani, M.D., an Emergency Physician, is a co-founder of HAF and currently serves on its Board of Directors. He has provided medical care in India after the 2001 earthquake, in NY after 9/11, and in Sri Lanka after the 2004 tsunami with The Permanente Medical Group. A member of the US Department of Homeland Security's Disaster Medical Assistance Team and former member of the East Bay Regional Parks Advisory Committee, Dr. Meghani has received numerous awards for his community service. He also serves on the Board of the Silicon Valley Interreligious Council.
- Suhag Shukla, Esq., Executive Director and Legal Counsel, is a co-founder of HAF. She holds a BA in Religion and JD from the University of Florida. As Legal Counsel, Ms. Shukla has helped launch the Foundation as a leading voice for religious freedom. She is tasked with cultivating strategic intrafaith and interfaith relationships, the latter for which seeks areas of shared interests and has forged diverse collaborations in the realms of church/state advocacy and issue-specific dialogue. She has been instrumental in the development of a broad range of educational materials and position papers, and has overseen HAF's groundbreaking reports, including the annual Hindu human rights report and the first-of-its-kind, Hinduism: Not Caste in Caste - Seeking an End to Caste-Based Discrimination. Ms. Shukla is actively involved with Chinmaya Mission, has served on the Boards of the Nirvana Center, a Bhutanese resettlement center, as well as the YWCA of Minneapolis. Nationally, she serves on religious advisory committees for the Department of Homeland Security and the Council on Foreign Relations.
RSVP to Local Contacts:
- Shekar Reddy, 954-895-1947 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aruna Shah, 754-264-6304
- Rajni Shah, 754-264-6306
- Vijay Narang, 954-559-7969
- Ram P Agarwal, 305-815-2084
All are welcome to join! Attendance is free.
Can't attend on Saturday? Join us on Friday night, instead in Coconut Creek for a Sugam Sangeet and Presentation on Hindu American Advocacy.